In "Expert" mode, it is normal not to see your tracker connected on the interface of your smartphone.
You only see it in the proposals of the devices to wear from your Bluetooth.
=> Your HOOT Tracker is recorded and connected but in sleeping.
To ensure your phone and HOOT Tracker are properly paired :
* Check your Bluetooth is active on your smartphone.
* Select your bike in the app.
* Check in “Associated smartphones” (4° tab) that the name of your phone appears :
- If yes: Your phone is well paired to the HOOT Tracker.
- If not : Repeat the pair.
How to make or repeat a pair ?
* Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
* Click the “i” next to your HOOT Tracker name and then click “Forget This Device”.
* After that, turn off your Bluetooth.
* Put your HOOT Tracker in charge.
* Remember the PIN code of your HOOT Ttracker (entered in the 4° tab of the "My Bikes" section on your app).
* Turn on the Bluetooth on your smartphone.
* Your HOOT Tracker's name appears in the list of devices in range: click on it and enter its PIN code (only requested during the 1st pair).
* You can read : "Login failed. Make sure "HOOT..." is on and in range" => Click "OK".
* You can unplug your HOOT Tracker from the charge.
* You see your tracker in the list of devices in range, as if you did nothing. "NO" is written in front of its name. That’s normal. Your tracker is on standby. It doesn’t work like a speaker that you can see connected.
* Go back to your “My Bikes” tab.
* After few minutes, your smartphone's name is written in the "List of authorised smartphones": 4° tab of your app in "My bikes".
Your HOOT Tracker and your smartphone are well connected.
Remember: You do not receive any notification or alert to alert you. Your HOOT Tracker is sleeping.
We have a procedure if you want to reassure yourself by checking that everything works normally : I don't receive notification
If you are more comfortable with being able to see a history and receive alerts : stay in "Standard" mode.
This mode will be more suitable.
Consider recharge your HOOT Tracker more frequently : this mode uses more battery since your GPS point history is constant.